11.21.2012

Siwa was too quiet!

The atmosphere was too serene in Siwa.  Now I'm having trouble sleeping.  The square on which I live in Dokki is SO LOUD.  I don't know how I didn't notice this before.  At ungodly hours of the morning I keep being woken by car alarms, dog fights, construction, and the call to prayer.  We tried closing our window, but yet again I was woken this morning.  We're on the 15th floor for goodness' sake!  My roommate wondered yesterday, "How did we ever sleep through the call to prayer?  It's so loud!"  This chant is sang and amplified for surrounding areas to hear at 4:55 am.  During the day, the call to prayer is one of the most beautiful sounds I know, but if you are awake or woken up by the morning call to prayer, it's one of the worst!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment